For appointments call 044-4200 1800 ext 140. Mon- sat 9 am to 5 pm |

HISTORY

 

about us kkcth

 

The late Dr. M.S. Ramakrishnan (MS, FACS, FAMS) who was an eminent pediatric surgeon was the  founder of this great Institution. He had a dream to provide affordable health care to every child irrespective of economic status. Towards this end, he instituted The CHILDS Trust Hospital in April 27, 1978 which was the International Year of the Child. The primary motive was to ensure quality health care service across the gamut of Pediatric disciplines so that a child can be cared for under one roof.

Originally founded on Lloyds Road, the hospital shifted to its current quarters in 1984. The Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam took over the Hospital management from 2nd October 1999 and has instituted a new Board of Trustees with His Holiness as the Patron. Equipped with extremely competent medical and nursing staff, the Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital is the optimal place for child care & treatment.

CHILDS is an acronym that stands for ‘Children Health Institute, Laboratory and Diagnostic Services’.

The Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam is the main patron of this institution and therefore, the hospital is called ‘KANCHI KAMAKOTI CHILDS TRUST HOSPITAL’. The Hospital has come under the stewardship of the new chairman Dr A. C. Muthiah from 2014 onwards. Today, this most prestigious pediatric health care institute is a shining example of human spirit.